Saturday, May 26, 2007

I love putting my kids to bed at night. I sing Hannah a lullabye. Our song is You'll be in my Heart. Then Hannah gives me a hug, a kiss on the cheek, and sometimes a zerbert. When the song says, "Just take my hand," Hannah quickly grabs my hand, and won't let go.

Somehow, I never got into the habit of singing to Matthew at bedtime. I am not sure why, because Matthew loves it when I sing to him. Matthew has to have music on at night to fall asleep. Lately, Matthew has been into sign language, and we sign "I love you" to each other several times. He can also spell the word "hug," and uses it to ask for one more hug. Matthew is very sweet. Sometimes, he will say, "Mommy, you are so beautiful." "Mommy, you are the best Mommy in the whole world." and the best, "Mommy, I love you so much." There is something totally amazing about hearing this from a 5 year old.

Even after a hard day, tucking the kids is always amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This brought tears to my eyes. Very sweet indeed... --Craig