Saturday, June 02, 2007

Matthew and Hannah went fishing for the first time today. They had a free fishing day in Galesville, WI, with free lunch and prizes for the kids. Hannah was really sad about not winning a prize. She did catch a fish, though - a 4" long Bluegill. She was so excited to tell me about it!

Matthew was not very patient about fishing, and kept reeling in his line to quickly. He didn't seem to mind the whole worm thing, which was good. I mind about the whole worm thing... Although Matthew didn't catch a fish, he did get to help throw Hannah's back in the water, so all things worked out pretty evenly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Hannah on her fish success! That's terrific. Her bluegill is a milestone for sure. Matthew's (lack of) patience with fishing reminds me of my own patience. I think that people who enjoy doing the dishes simply aren't going to enjoy fishing. Beer drinking can make anything more tolerable, though. --Craig